Sunday, March 21, 2010

Working moms

It seems to me that more and more women are going back to school to teach. This is great for the education system but leads me to wonder why? First, I believe it is because the hours Americans are expected to put in at work. I know from my job working 40+ hours a week, I have no time to do much of anything. Beyond that I have only two weeks vacation a year. I leave the house every morning at 7:45 am and usually get home at 8:00 pm. Where is the family time? We as women are expected to take the kids to all their functions plus squeeze in an hour workout a day and cook dinner? Seriously? If we do not want to go backwards in the women's rights then we need to reconsider our workaholic guidelines for women and men alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment